Celebrating the Year of the Dragon, Oshogatsu, the Morikami’s
traditional New Year’s festival, includes games and entertainment throughout
the museum and gardens.
ADVANCED TICKET SALES HAVE ENDED
Tickets at the Gate: $10 adults (18+), $5 children (4 -17),
FREE for museum members and children 3 and under!
THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT. THERE ARE NO TICKET REFUNDS.
At Oshogatsu, enjoy:
- Sado tea ceremony (TEA CEREMONY DEMONSTRATIONS ARE SOLD OUT)
- Kakizome, experience hands-on the first calligraphy of the new year (CALLIGRAPHY DEMONSTRATIONS ARE SOLD OUT)
- Omikuju, Japanese fortune telling ($1 with paid admission)*
- Mochitsuki, the pounding of rice and making of mochi, auspicious Japanese cakes
- Shishimai, meet the lion dancer as he brings in the New Year to the beat of the taiko drum!
- Hanetsuki, similar to badminton
- Fukuwarai, the Goddess of Happiness game
- Daruma Otoshi, wood block game
- Hands-on craft activities & bounce-houses
- Japanese & American food favorites & the Kirin Beer Garden